Tuesday, April 17, 2012

When you are feeling grumpy

When I'm feeling out of sorts, I focus on myself:
"Nobody cares about me."
"Nothing goes right for me."
"I don't like myself when I snap at my loved ones."
"I should choose to be happy, but I don't feel like it."
"Pity poor me."

Are you getting the picture? It's all about me!

But! My study in Psalms 40 showed clearly where my focus ought to be.



Psalm 40:3-4 NLT He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD. Oh, the joys of those who trust the LORD, who have no confidence in the proud or in those who worship idols.
Psalm 40:16 NLT, But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, “The LORD is great!”.

Instead of trying to stop feeling grumpy, fill your thoughts with adoration of the Savior!

The morning after I wrote this post, I stumbled on these inspiring posts.
How to be a good mom on a bad day.
Breaking the negative cycle.

What do you do when you're grumpy?

Paige

1 comment:

Comments are appreciated! Even if it's an old post, I'd love it if you let me in on your thoughts. :) Thanks and have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...