Thursday, February 2, 2012

5 Dinners in 1 Hour

Have you ever visited the Living, Laughing, and Loving blog? It's one blog I definately enjoy!

I love the way Renee does her 5dinners1hour ! At first I thought, "No way; it can't be done that fast. I cook for hours almost every day." I kept reading; every week she times herself and takes a picture of what she has accomplished. I decided, "Ok, it can be done... if you cook the kind of meals she does. What about my kind of meals?" (as a side note, I have found many wonderful recipes on her blog!)

The only way to find out is to time myself, I guess... Monday, I tried it for the first successful time. I have a terrible time remembering to set the timer. Plus, I rarely can go very long without an interruption from some person or other.

But! I made 6 meals (3 recipes doubled) in 1 hour, 11 minutes! I didn't even make an ingredient list and had to run downstairs to my pantry stock several times to get something I'd forgotten. Pretty good time, if I do say so myself.

Wednesday morning, I made 3 meals (I tripled one recipe),

chopped and froze some onions,

and browned 10 lbs of ground beef. That was enough meat to last us more than 20 meals!


And it took me only 2 1/2 hours! I feel rather proud of myself. :-)

Have a great day and do yourself the favor of stopping by Renee's 5dinners1hour !

Paige

1 comment:

  1. Woo to the hoo for you!!! Glad you are a believer now!! Making the list of ingredients {I try to do this when I'm planning the menu and the recipe is in front of me} and picking a time when most of the fam is otherwise occupied really helps the time go faster too!
    And wowee on the ground beef! That is awesome and will really speed up your meal preps in the future too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated! Even if it's an old post, I'd love it if you let me in on your thoughts. :) Thanks and have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...